Where you can get help in Kirklees

For our wonderful families out there in the community, we have collected some useful information which we hope will help you and your families in these unprecedented times, The PCAN Team

Kirklees Council Covid-19 Community Response

We (Kirklees Council) are working alongside our citizens and local organisations to make sure that together we can all support our neighbours and communities over the coming weeks. We’re working especially closely with our voluntary sector partners. Together we’re offering a co-ordinated Community Response. This will help us all to make sure that people can easily request help when needed. We’re also offering support for local groups and organisations to make sure that we can all help each other in our local places.

If you need support, or if you can offer support, please get in touch. We are with you.

Request support via the online form here

Call on 01484226919

If you would like to offer help, please complete the form here

Kirklees Better Outcomes Partnership

Offering immediate help and information to anyone in Kirklees about benefits, housing, food provision, and accessing medication queries.

Please contact if you are concerned about your well-being, feeling socially isolated or at risk of domestic abuse. 07562252940 8 am to 8 pm 7 days a week. Messaging available via Facebook

Carers Count – as always, there to offer support and advice to people who are caring for someone. Tel: 0300 012 0231
info@carerscount.org.uk Lots of useful info on their Facebook page as well.

COVID-19 Mutual Aid Groups

These are Facebook groups all over the country set up by local individuals and groups to help people in the community and are valuable source of information for what’s going on in your area and where you can get help and support locally.

Please click here to find the groups in your area (this takes you to a map, click on your area, then scroll down below the map for the list of groups and the links to them. If you are keen to help, you can also volunteer through most of these groups.

Food Banks:

Batley Food Bank Click on the link to find out how to access the foodbank

The Welcome Centre While they remain open, they are doing deliveries now, no collections. Please visit the site for more details

Fusion Giving Foodbank, Empire House, Wakefield Rd, Dewsbury WF12 8DJ

Tel: 01924454770. Currently still open but with varying opening hours.

Holme Valley Food bank. Open at the date of this post. Please check their website for location and opening hours.

Or call Kirklees Local Welfare Provision on ‪01484 414782‬ for help/advice

Mental Health and Wellbeing

A list of helplines are published on the South West Yorkshire Partnership website. Please click here. The page includes phone numbers for the Samaritans, Saneline, Rethink, Mencap LD helpline and more.

For under 18s, you can still contact Northorpe Hall (Chews Service). Their contact details are: Telephone: 01924 492183
E-mail: info@northorpehall.co.uk

Or you can submit a form by email here (Scroll down the page)

If you need their help, please read their Coronavirus information here

The latest Chews newsletter can be found here.

Other MH resources include:

Young Minds – What to do if you’re anxious about coronavirus https://youngminds.org.uk/…/what-to-do-if-you-re-anxious-a…/

Papyrus – Advice for young people at risk of suicide
‪0800 068 4141 (UK only)‬
Opening times https://papyrus-uk.org/

IAPT – Provide a choice of services for people experiencing common mental health problems such as depression, stress, panic and obsessive compulsive disorders.
‪01484 434625/6‬

SHOUT – Shout is a 24/7 UK crisis text service available for times when people feel they need immediate support. If you’re experiencing a personal crisis, are unable to cope and need support, text Shout to 85258

(If your life is in imminent danger, please call 999)

The Well-Bean Cafe Kirklees: A safe and confidential service offering mental health support to anyone in crisis living in Kirklees. Currently operating as a phone service only, the numbers are:

Fri-Mon: 07741900395 Tues-Thurs: 07867028755

To access the service, please ring from 6 pm to make a referral

Domestic Abuse

Pennine Domestic Abuse Partnership: 24 hour helpline 08000527222

Womensaid – Safety advice for Coronavirus Cover your tracks online

I need Help

If you would like us to add something to this page, please email us at info@pcankirklees.org

The information above was correct at the time of publication

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.